Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!

New Delhi: Maharashtra reported the very best variety of suicides amongst all states in the nation, adopted by Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh, in 2021, a yr that saw 1,64,033 such instances throughout India. According to a contemporary report from the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), work or career-related issues, emotions of isolation, abuse, violence, household issues, psychological issues, alcohol habit, Financial loss and power ache are the principle causes behind suicide incidents in the nation.

A complete of 1,64,033 suicides had been reported in India in 2021, a rise of seven.2% from 2020 (1,53,052). The suicide price elevated by 6.2%.

Majority of reported suicide instances in Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh

“Majority of suicides were reported in Maharashtra (22,207), followed by 18,925 suicides in Tamil Nadu, 14,965 suicides in Madhya Pradesh, 13,500 suicides in West Bengal and 13,056 suicides in Karnataka i.e. 13.5% , 11.5%, 9.1%, 8.2% and 8% of total suicides respectively,” the report mentioned.

These 5 states collectively accounted for 50.4% of reported suicides in the nation. The remaining 49.6% of instances had been reported in the opposite 23 states and eight union territories.

Uttar Pradesh has reported a relatively decrease share of suicide deaths

Uttar Pradesh, essentially the most populous state (with a 16.9% share of the nation’s inhabitants) reported a comparatively decrease share of suicide deaths, accounting for less than 3.6% of reported suicides in the nation. nation.

Delhi, essentially the most populous union territory, reported the very best variety of suicides (2,840) among the many union territories, adopted by Pondicherry (504).

A complete of 25,891 suicides had been reported in the nation’s 53 megacities in 2021.

The suicide price – the variety of suicides per million inhabitants – has been broadly accepted as a normal benchmark. India’s suicide price was 12 in 2021. Andaman and Nicobar Islands reported the very best suicide price (39.7), adopted by Sikkim (39.2), Pondicherry (31.8 ), Telangana (26.9) and Kerala (26.9).





Source link