Partha Chatterjee, senior chief of the Trinamool Congress, was arrested by enforcement on Saturday 23 July in reference to their investigation into alleged faculty job fraud in West Bengal. When the BJP focused the Trinamool Congress over the arrest of the Bengali minister, the ruling social gathering accused the opposition of indulging in “cheap politics”.
Partha Chatterjee’s arrest adopted after Rs 21 crore in cash was seized from the Kolkata house of Arpita Mukherjee, an in depth affiliate of the Bengali minister. Arpita Mukherjee was additionally arrested by the company on Saturday. Some overseas forex and jewellery had been additionally confiscated from her luxurious condominium in town’s Joka district, based on ED officers.
Here are the important thing developments in the story:
1) On Friday, the ED concurrently raided the properties of a couple of dozen folks, together with Bengali Minister Partha Chatterjee and Paresh Adhikary, in reference to its investigation into recruitment fraud. Partha Chatterjee was arrested by the ED on Saturday.
two) Partha Chatterjee, Minister of Industry and Trade of West Bengal was later produced earlier than a decide at Bankshall Court in Kolkata and positioned in ED custody for 2 days. However, the TMC chief was hospitalized in the night after complaining of being unwell. Partha Chatterjee, who has a number of well being issues, has been admitted to the intensive care unit at SSKM State Hospital.
3) The Enforcement Directorate (ED) arrested Arpita Mukherjee, a close associate of Partha Chatterjee, on Saturday, a day after unrecorded cash price Rs 21 crore was unearthed at her Kolkata condominium. Some overseas forex and jewellery had been additionally confiscated from her luxurious condominium in town’s Joka district, based on ED officers.
4) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) also increased its attack on TMC following the arrest of Partha Chatterjee in an alleged job rip-off. BJP chief Dilip Ghosh claimed that TMC leaders have amassed large sums of cash over time, together with in reference to recruitment to numerous posts, and mentioned nobody will imagine that his “supreme command” – an obvious reference to the prime minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee – wasn’t conscious of this.
5) The Trinamool Congress mentioned the social gathering and authorities will take motion in opposition to Partha Chatterjee if he’s discovered responsible of faculty job fraud. However, TMC spokesman Kunal Ghosh made it clear that the social gathering wouldn’t take away Chatterjee as cupboard minister or basic secretary of the Trinamool Congress right now.
The Trinamool Congress additionally distanced itself from the Rs 21 crore cash looted from Arpita Mukherjee’s house. TMC claimed no relationship to Partha Chatterjee’s shut affiliate.
6) In the meantime, another close associate of Partha Chatterjee supposedly positioned below the ED scanner. The title of Monalisa Das, who’s reportedly an in depth affiliate of Bengali Minister Partha Chatterjee, has emerged in reference to the SSC fraud case.
7) The case considerations irregularities in the recruitment of lecturers. The CBI, below orders from the Calcutta High Court, is investigating the alleged irregularities dedicated in the hiring of Group C and D employees and lecturers in authorities sponsored and assisted colleges on the advice of the West Bengal School Service Commission. The ED follows the cash path in the rip-off.
— END —